GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These General Terms and Conditions (GTC) apply to all contracts between Tom Scharf - hereinafter referred to as seller - and the customer (consumer or business), which are closed via the website skiroller-store.com.
The contract language is German.
Deviant conditions and additions or amendments made by a customer are only binding if they are confirmed by the seller.
The purchase agreement is closed with:
VAT ID: DE292241173
(1) Articles can be added to the cart by clicking on the "Add to Cart" button. By clicking on the appropriate button the customer can open the "Cart" and make changes at any time.
(2) After clicking the button "Check-Out" and entering the address, payment and shipping terms, all order details will be shown again and can be corrected. Orders may be canceled any time by closing the browser window.
(3) By clicking the "Submit Order" button the ordering process is completed.
The customer’s dispatched order constitutes an offer to the seller to close the contract. It is therefore in the first instance legally only binding for the customer. The customer will receive an automatic order information by e-mail. The purchase agreement is closed after the offer was accepted by the seller. The acceptance of the order equals a confirmation of the order, which will be send to the customer in an additional e-mail after the order was received and proved.
(1) The offered prices on the product pages are final prices including VAT plus shipping costs
(2) Shipping to non-EU countries is VAT-free, but duties and taxes could to be paid by the customer on receipt, but not to the vendor but to your competent customs and tax authorities.
(3) The shipping costs depend on the articles and will be clearly conveyed to you before submitting your order.
(1) Payments shall be made either by PayPal or prepayment by bank transfer.
(2) We will deliver the articles after payment receipt.
(3) You may only exercise a right of detention if claims result from the same contractual relationship.
(4) Unless not specified differently in the item descriptions, the delivery time is 2-6 working days after receipt payment throughout Germany.
(1) The seller verifies the availability of the ordered articles after receiving the order. If some or all articles should not be available, the client will receive a note immediately. In this case the seller is obliged to immediately refund already received payments.
(2) The seller saves the contract text after the conclusion of the contract and makes it accessible to the customer on demand.
(3) The statutory warranty regulations are applicable. All warranty claims of the customer will become void two years after the delivery of the goods, unless the seller has fraudulently concealed the defect. For entrepreneurs the limitation period is one year.
(1) The Seller is not liable for damage of proberty, which did not occur on the delivered article itself, in particular, he is not liable for loss of profit of the customer.
(2) The customers claims for damages due to intent or gross negligence of the seller or his agents remain unaffected by this regulation.
If the seller negligently violates a contractual obligation, the obligation to pay compensation for damage is limited to typically occurring damages.
The seller’s liability for personal injuries or legal product liabilities remain unaffected by these regulations.
These terms and conditions are subject to German law excluding the UN sales law. If the customer conducts the business as merchant, legal entity under public law or special fund under public law, the place of jurisdiction for all disputes resulting from the business is the seller’s address of business.
Online Dispute Resolution in accordance with Article 14 , Section 1 of ODR Regulation:
EU citizens is open in the event of disputes in connection with online transactions the way to alternative dispute resolution.
The European Commission provides a platform for online dispute resolution (ODR platform). You can access this under http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/ .